Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stoned Soul Picnic

Well I'm up all night doing the mix thing. I'm drinking a very nice 2007 Pinot Grigio from Fenn Valley here in Michigan (I know Cliff keeps track of this stuff). Motown was a huge influence to me and while this isn't all motown, if you chose to listen, you will hear my drift. This is music from my teens which I still adore to this day.

Stoned Soul Picnic

1. Stoned Soul Picnic-The 5th Dimension
2. Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)-B.T. Express
3. All Day Music-War
4. Do You Know The Way To San Jose-Dionne Warwick
5. Hey, Western Union Man-Jerry Butler
6. It's Gonna Work Out Fine-Ike & Tina Turner
7. I'm a Midnight Mover-Wilson Pickett
8. Love Land-Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band
9. Keep Your Hands Off My Baby-Little Eva
10. We've Come Too Far to End It Now-Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
11. I'm Blue (The Gong-Gong Song)-The Ikettes
12. He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'-The Velvelettes
13. My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)-David Ruffin
14. Psychedelic Shack (Extended Version)-The Temptations
15. Whatcha See Is Watchcha Get-The Dramatics
16. What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)-Jr Walker & The All Stars
17. (Come´Round Here) I´m The One You Need-Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
18. Color Him Father-The Winstons
19. Backfield In Motion-Mel & Tim
20. Cowboys To Girls-Intruders
21. When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes-The Supremes
22. Get On Up-Esquires
23. Love Makes A Woman-Barbara Acklin
24. My Baby Loves Me-Martha & the Vandellas
25. Black Pearl-Sonny Charles And The Checkmates LTD

What Does It Take (To Win Your Love) and My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me) were both at various times my all time favorite song and still would make my top 100.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=621021561&email=5dd5f760ae399ad9b3472c7d84a96015

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My teens too! Love this stuff. Excellent mix.

--Mixxer

Anonymous said...

While not really from my teens, this is nonetheless just my kind of mix. I love it!

Doowad said...

Just top notch all the way through, Smokey, Ike & Tina, Wilson, Jr. Walker, great one, Terry